Friday, January 27, 2017

it's not easy

I don't think it was ever supposed to be easy. Following Jesus and surrendering all, I mean. Life is hard, the daily battle against the enemy is waging all around us, and I seem to be stuck in the crossfire. There is chaos all around and sometimes it just overwhelms me. There's the temptation to give in to the enemy, to bow down to my flesh, to let stress and anxiety reign. After all, the voice shouts, you deserve it. To give in. Let go of these unrealistic expectations of joy in the midst of this craziness. Put your confidence in the fact that you can't do it...give in to fear. Don't believe. Don't surrender those dreams to Jesus...He'll fail you!  I'm given a choice. I can listen to the voice of doubt. Or, I can believe that the Word of God is for right now. That Jesus died for this moment. That everything I choose to surrender to Him is better left in His capable hands. 

It's never easy, I think, doing the right thing. It's full of challenges. It's an uphill climb. A swim upstream. But it's worth it. Because in the midst of the chaos, the confusion, the potential for stress and anxiety and fear, Jesus is there. I see Him next to me. There's light at the end of the tunnel. I know that there is a joy set before me: it's Him. He is my reward. My joy. My strength. It's not about me. It's not about my fears, my dreams, my aspirations. There's difficulty in giving everything to Jesus, but oh, it's worth it. Because He's worth it. 

Oh, may my eyes be ever fixed upon the Lord. He is my portion, my reward. Anything and everything is worth going through in order to obtain Him. I surrender all. I believe in the Word of God – I put 100% of my confidence in Him. 

He's worth it.